Solar pest repellers are great for chasing away gophers, moles, or other small animals away from your garden. They are becoming more and more popular in the United States, so why not consider adding one to your yard? They are convenient, run on solar power, and cause no harm to the pest.
The technology behind these products are always changing and becoming more effective. We selected a variety of new solar repellers for you to consider.
Keep reading for more information on these different products!
Have you seen a fox or dog in your yard recently? Or maybe you noticed another outdoor animal, such as a deer or raccoon. Other small pests, like voles, burrow underneath of your garden and wreak havoc to your plants from there. A solar powered animal repellent can be useful in keeping away intruders.
In this section, we are going to answer the questions that you might have about how a product like this works. These new types of solar pest repellent do wonders at protecting your lawn garden. Plus, they have an advantage over a repellent that does not use the same technology. Other repellents can be harmful, we will go over this more in the following sections.
Do Solar Pest Repellers Really Work?
Yes, they are effective and have created many a satisfied customer. They are more humane and can scare away pests, meaning that you do not even have to come into contact with them. But, how do they work?
A solar pest repeller relies on a set of rechargeable batteries to repel a pest through a frequency that we can not hear. Many will also use a flashing light to help deter the animals.
Many pests are prey to other, bigger species. This means that they tend to run away easily- so repellents that startle the pest off will work best.
Since they rely on a solar panel for energy, these products are low maintenance after you have installed them. There is no need to remember to change the batteries. They may have different settings for different species of animals and come in a variety of colors. If you love your garden and are frustrated with animals, we think you will like these effective repellent products!
Which Electronic Pest Repeller Works the Best?
We chose the Thanos Solar Sonic Mole Repellent as our top pick in this guide. We felt that this solar pest repeller was an amazing option at keeping the more common pest away from your yard. It had many good reviews and demonstrated that it was a new and reliable way to keep away unwanted animals.
It works underground, by sending out a sound wave. This irritates the small pests and causes them to leave the area. It is completely safe- not causing any harm to the animals what so ever. It does not use any chemical, poisons, or other harmful methods to remove the pests. We will be covering this product more below, so be sure to continue reading if you want to learn about ultrasonic pest removal.
Are Pest Repellers Safe?
Yes, a solar pest repeller is a popular option in Canada and the United States when it comes to safety. They are safe for both humans and animals- no one has to be harmed! Many people feel upset when dealing with pests, since they are just small animals that wandered into your garden. With an animal repeller, you can rest easy knowing that you are only scaring off the animals and not hurting them.
Of course, they are also very safe to be used around people. A solar rodent repellent will mostly use flashing lights or noises to deter creatures. These are not harmful to humans, although, they may be a little bit annoying sometimes. Be sure to check their rating before you buy- the annoying ones tend to have less stars on websites.
Do Pest Repellers Affect Birds?
Ultrasonic pest products do not work against birds. This is because the frequency that they use is much too high for a bird to hear. Birds can hear similar sounds that we do, so you will also need to be able to hear the ultrasonic pest repeller for it to work.
There are other products that are designed specifically for pest birds. This kind of repellent uses the calls of distressed birds to scare them away. You can often change the settings to whatever type of pest bird is giving you trouble. For instance, if you suspect a crow is bothering your garden, the machine can emit a sound that is specially designed to deter that type of bird. The sounds vary and you might need to do some experimenting to figure out what sounds you need to be using to get the most from the repellent.
If you have a lot of pests visiting your garden, then you might want to invest in a few different types of animal repeller. Consider getting one that deters birds and one that is for the underground. Having two different kinds of this product will ensure that you are keeping out everything that is disturbing your garden.
Why are These the Best Repellents?
Many see the ultrasonic pest repeller as the best option when it comes to humanely removing pests from your garden. The solar powered products are the most energy efficient. Plus, they have the additional convenience of not needing a battery change every few months.
Other repeller types can use poison or other methods that harm the animal. These are the best version of this product, since they can safely remove a pest from your yard without harming it. That way, you are not disturbing your local ecosystem and the animals will still leave you alone.
Finally, to use one, all you need to do is turn on the product and stick it in the ground in your garden- they are very low maintenance.
1. Thanos Solar Sonic Mole Repellent-Best Overall Option
This solar repeller is a healthy option, since it only uses a frequency to bother the animals and no chemicals. It has amazing rechargeable batteries that can last 5 to 7 days on solar energy alone. This product is great for scaring away small pests such as moles, gophers, or other underground rodents- which can cause a lot of harm to your garden and can be hard to get rid of safely. This solar product causes absolutely no harm to any kind of animal, which is why we like it so much.
Plus, since it only uses solar energy, it will not run up your electric bill while you protect your yard from pests. We could not give this item a higher rating! Keep reading to see our review and thoughts on how it functions.
- This product takes care of itself. After fully charging using a solar panel, it can hold a charge for 5 to 7 days. Since you will be leaving it outside, you do not have to worry about the battery power at all. This is very handy if you want full protection from small animals. Especially in the rural areas of the United States where these pests are common.
- Many users stated that this ultrasonic pest repeller worked wonders at keeping away moles. The product started to work as soon as it was installed and was not annoying to pets in many reviews. It can be used in the garden and yard, so you can keep pests out of your space.
- Many user reviews appreciated that the product did not involve poison and saved them money- since it stopped them from calling a pest control.
- Even though it is geared towards moles, the product is effective on other underground pests.
- The product emits a buzzing sound that can be annoying to people after a while. It seems that you either get used to the quiet, constant buzzing or the repellent starts to really get on your nerves.
2. Ultrasonic Pest Repellent Owl Shape-Best Upgrade Option
While still being a mostly cost effective option, this product is amazing at deterring pests common in the United States. It has extra features, such as flashing lights, motion sensor, and an owl shape that scares off many pest animals.
It also has different frequency settings, so that you can choose one that will work best on the pests you need to get rid of. Reviews are a great way to determine what pitch is the best with what animal.
- The shape of the product can help in scaring off smaller animals. It also can be used effectively against cats and dogs when put on the right settings.
- The settings cover a wide range of frequencies. If you need a solar rodent repeller or one that handles wildlife like deer- this repeller seems to cover all of them fairly well. If you know that you have a pest problem, but are not sure what type of animal is bothering your garden, then changing the frequency often and taking note of the changes can be very helpful. For example, birds are not bothered by high pitches while moles are.
- This model also includes a motion detector. That is very useful in saving energy and not emitting sounds constantly to deter creatures. Many reviews preferred the repellent products that were not always making noises.
- If you have the repeller set to the wrong frequency, you are not going to notice any changes in your garden. In order for the repellent to work, it needs to be able to be heard by the animals you need to get rid of. Some users mentioned in their review that the product did not work, however, it seems to be mostly user error.
3. Pest Repellent Ultrasonic Solar Plug-Best Budget Option
This repeller is very cost effective, while still receiving good reviews. It also comes in a pack of two for cheap and works like the best ultrasonic pest repeller that we put on this list. It is not as effective, but still a solid solar powered option when it comes to being an animal repeller.
- A cost effective animal repeller that is easy to use. Simply stick it in the ground, and once it has charged using solar energy, you can expect it to start getting rid of pets through sounds.
- The solar powered battery is fairly strong for the low cost. The company stated that the repeller covers up to 50 feet, although we recommend that you do not put them quite that far apart for the best results.
- This solar animal repeller emits a sound for 20 seconds at a time. You might hear a buzzing when that happens, which may be softer with more expensive versions of this product.
- The repeller is slow and the company did not state how long their solar powered battery life is. It can take 2 to 4 weeks to start seeing results with this repeller, when you might need them right away.
- There were not many reviews available, however, those who used it gave it a good rating.
- The solar animal repeller is not made out of materials that are durable. Be careful when installing a new set, so that you do not damage the repellent. We recommend digging holes in the size of the plug before inserting them into the ground.
4. Easyso Ultrasonic Outdoors Solar Repellent-Best Alternate Option
This solar unit is more geared toward handling different above ground animals, making it a good idea to take one on a camping trip with you. It can startle off many United States pests and is a decent repeller for cats and dogs as well.
You might not want to expect it to cover animals like moles, voles, or hedgehogs though. It does not seem to push sound waves through the ground, meaning that they would be unlikely to hear them. We recommend this version only if you are certain that your pest problem is strictly with animals and not burrowing rodents.
- This product is an alternative to the underground ultrasonic animal repeller that we named best on this list. This solar powered product is different, in that it is mostly designed for animals and not specifically rodents. If you have a problem with the neighbor’s dog or cats wandering into your yard, then this would be a good option for a repellent.
- This ultrasonic pest repeller is good at deterring a variety of animals that are common in the United States. If you live in a rural area or are expecting to go camping soon, we recommend that you take a new set of this product with you. The solar battery is efficient, so you will not run out of power in your animal repeller during the trip.
- The motion sensor on the solar animal repeller has a very wide range. As long as it gets enough sun to charge, you can expect it to react to animals that are far away. This is one of the reasons that it got an excellent review and rating.
- In one user review, they stated that it seemed ineffective against deer. This affected the solar ultrasonic pest repellent’s rating. However, it still may be fine against other animals. New versions of the product work better than the older units.
- It can be annoying to some people. Be sure that you have the animal repeller placed far away from your home, but where it can still be powered by solar energy and be near your different problem areas.
We decided that the new Thanos Solar Sonic Mole Repellent was the best purchase option for a repeller. It has an amazing solar powered battery life that lasts under many different weather conditions.
The other solar animal repeller we listed could not stand up to it, in terms of effectiveness against United States pests. Our review is that the solar mole repellent is great at startling off small underground pests, but you might need to search elsewhere for something that can handle larger animals. Still, it is extremely effective at handling pests that are native to the area and would be likely to bother your garden.
Overall, it had the best rating and review that we found for a solar animal repeller. If you have used this solar item, we would love to hear your review on it. Consider reaching out to us via email with your thoughts and rating- we always love to hear a new perspective on solar based items.
New technology and units that use solar power like this are coming out all of the time. However, when it comes to pest control, you want to be sure that you are getting a quality repeller that will keep away unwanted animals- without spending too much money and going over your budget.